Monday, September 10, 2012

TRUCKS, TRACTORS AND FRONT LOADERS

My little grandson will be 4, so amazing where the time goes.  All of the grandchildren when turning 4 have gotten a twin sized quilt.  So far, 5 down, 2 to go and perhaps someday a few more. The pattern for this quilt is called, Those Crazy Kids by The Buggy Barn.  The blocks were really fast. I thought about how long before these little ones grow out of their "4 year old quilt" and decided that by the time my current little guy turns 4 my oldest one will be 12 and probably need a new quilt.....then maybe one for graduation and of course we will start on marriages....SO!  I have a lot of years ahead to make quilts.  Hurray!  I was afraid I would run out of people who need quilts.

The best part of making a quilt for someone else is that I think about them the entire time I work on it, not just my grandchildren, but for my kids or others too.  I am blessed to have a talent that I enjoy and hopefully it brings joy to others as well.

6 comments:

Nana said...

Oh, I love that quilt! It is so cute!! I so wish I could do that for my grand kids!
What a blessing you are in their lives! How lucky they are to have you as their grandma.

mindingmomma said...

What a cute quilt for a little boy.

Allie said...

That is just darling, Sheri, and what a blessing to have so many little ones to make quilts for!!!

MamaT said...

It's cute! I love to think about the person I'm making a quilt for, too. And pray for them.

Mary Carpenter said...

Where did you get the patterns for making the trucks, tractors and front loaders for this quilt. Like you, I have grandchildren also, and they are growing up fast. Your quilt is adorable and your grandson surly will love it.

Bylli said...

The pattern seems to be out of print. Do you know where I can get a copy?