Monday, August 27, 2012

IN A COOKING MODE

These are my absolute favorite brownies.  They are so moist and I like them best warm out of the oven...with no frosting.  Yes, that is my taste sample from the corner, fresh out of the oven....I can't take it to the church social without tasting it can I?

Zucchini Brownies
1/2 c. vegetable oil
1 1/2 c. white sugar
2 tsp. vanilla
2 cups flour
1/2 c. unsweetened cocoa powder
1 1/2 tsp. soda
1 tsp. salt
1 egg
2 cups shredded zucchini

Preheat oven to 350. Spray 9 x 13 pan, or grease and flour
Mix oil, sugar, egg and vanilla together, add flour and cocoa, baking soda and salt.  Mix well. Fold in zucchini and spread in pan.
Bake 20-30 minutes till toothpick comes out clean.  I used a large cookie sheet and baked  15 minutes.

Frosting
6 TB unsweetened cocoa powder
1/4 cup butter
2 cups powdered sugar
1/2 tsp. vanilla
Melt butter and add cocoa, stir and let set to cool.  When cool, mix in sugar and vanilla.  It is a thin frosting.  Frost brownies when they are cool.

No comments: