Thursday, August 2, 2012

60's to the 70's?

 I remember in the 60's our kitchen having these aqua colors....our living room furniture was brown.  Back then, decorating was not the "THING" to do, people were just happy to be getting by with jobs, starting families and moving to the "burbs." Then when the 70's came along....
The colors started into the oranges, gold and green.....remember (those of you who are old enough) the harvest gold and green appliances?  When my husband and I bought our first house in the early 80's, it still had orange counter tops and carpet from the 70's. I think it even had a harvest gold stove.  I hope we don't go back to those colors, I may have to be stuck in a 2012 time warp with aqua and cream because I did EVERYTHING possible to get rid of  that orange back then. (Just between you and me and blog land, I decided not to sweep or clean up spills on the orange kitchen carpet in hopes it would get so bad that we would have to replace it....however, after a few weeks I couldn't stand it and had to vacuum! We had it 8 years...yes 8!  I still remember how happy I was to get wood floors!

6 comments:

Bev said...

I can so relate! We had avocado green shag carpet...awful! There was so much brown in the 70's. I'm ignoring color trends and just going with what I like. I bought one of your books the other day! I love your designs! Try to stay cool!

Cheery wave from Bev in 112 degree heat!

http://44thstreetfabric.blogspot.com

Southern Gal said...

My parents had coppertone applicances. Brown. Lots of dark wood cabinets and brown appliances. I'm so glad white, Stainless and such are in vogue now.

Natasha said...

That carpet was so awesomew!! hahahaha You forgot to mention our ugly brown cupboards!!!

Stephanie said...

Mom still has aqua laminate counter tops and I remember our first couch -- brown. Then came the avocado green everything, to include paneling and shag carpet. Mom still has both. Going home is like a time warp! Amazing how those same color schemes are updated and much fresher and appealing.

Sherri said...

I can relate too...our first house was full of avocado green appliances...the first thing we did was change all of those to white!

Aqua is one of my favorite colors now...but I can never see myself falling in love with avocado green!

house for sell said...

"Team Sherry 'K' of Allison James Estates & Homes will help you find a home in Menifee & Temecula Valley. Contact us Today."
sherry house