Thursday, June 28, 2012

WHAT IS IT ABOUT A LAMP?

What is it about a lamp that I like so much?  I don't know, but I find myself over the years REALLY liking lamps.  When I saw this brown goose neck at a yard sale....for $.50....I couldn't resist.  The cord was all frayed and the guy didn't even know if it worked...but for $.50 I couldn't go wrong.  My husband can "jimmy" just about anything, so I knew if it just needed a cord we could handle it!  Well...one brown extension cord and a few twists and turns later....the thing works! The base is cast iron so if you "hucked" it at someone you could really hurt them, (not that I intend to hurt someone!)So now is sits lighting my cutting table....and it looks so GREAT!  I had intended on painting it aqua but for now, it looks nice brown! 

1 comment:

Each Life that Touches Ours for Good said...

I hope to become a shopper like you who spends 50 cents instead of $50!
Here's to shopping with Sheri!!