Monday, April 2, 2012

AQUA TYPEWRITER

I have been looking for an aqua typewriter for a couple of years. I keep looking at them on ebay....and think "I don't want to pay the shipping and you never know how well it works".......so I have had my daughters on the look-out for one. Friday my daughter called and said there was one for sale on a blog, and the woman lived just 17 miles from me. I called and went to see it on Saturday....and bought it! HOORAY! It works PERFECTLY, how lucky can I be? I know it is a crazy thing, but I really wanted one. My grandchildren won't even know what the thing is.

11 comments:

Stephanie said...

That looks EXACTLY like the one I have many moons ago. I often wish I still had it. Terrific find.

Nana said...

THAT IS SO AWESOME!! I can't believe you found one and close by, no less. It must have meant to be!! ENJOY!!

Heirlooms by Ashton House said...

This is so fun, Sheri! Glad you finally found one. While visiting a flea market last year, I saw a vintage green one but passed it up. I have regretted it ever since! I guess I've learned my lesson! If I see an affordable one again, I'll be sure to scoop it up.

Maggie Mae said...

How cool! Breanna is jealous!!

Cynthia said...

It's very beautifully vintage :) You were very fortunate to get one!

tubilinha tiacarminha said...

SAUDADES!!! Eu tenho uma em algum lugar...Preciosidade.FELIZ PÁSCOA!

Allie said...

What a great find!!!!!

Carrie P. said...

congrats on your great find!

Gmama Jane said...

I went to college with one of these beauties back in 1971. Have no idea where it is...sad isn't it?
Blessings
Gmama Jane

Reba said...

I had one exactly like it. Got it for Christmas when I was 12. My son took it apart when he was 11 to see how it worked. That was the end of my Smith Corona. I sent him your link to remind him of how I supported his engineer's brain all these years.

Shari said...

I think I used one just like this to type up school projects in primary school. I love a key with a good punch to it. Keyboards just have a sissy feel... lol