Thursday, August 4, 2011

PRANG WATERCOLORS

Do you remember the Prang water colors in this black tin?
I remember having the square ones in grade school. The reason I remember them being square is that when the little boxes got about this far used up, we would fill up the colors with Elmer's glue and let it dry overnight and then the next day at school, peel it out and have "colored gluey, sort of like play dough stuff" that we would mess with during the day....much to our teacher's dismay!

I could have had oval ones like this in sixth grade...they look vaguely familiar. When I found these on the Internet, they brought back a FLOOD of memories. I loved grade school! NOW, what does this have to do with anything? The colors for the quilts in my new book are based on these colors. I think of them as "true colors," not the ones with grey undertones, or brights like we think of brights today. Remember a post a few times back when I showed all the fabrics? This is where they came from....I am using brown and not black for those of you who inquired!