Friday, January 7, 2011

CHRISTMAS QUILT

My daughter called a while back and said if I ever wanted to make a quilt, they could use a new one.....I hadn't planned on making one for Christmas, but I already had a quilt (the center section to the blue border) finished as a throw quilt. When I couldn't decide what to give them for Christmas... I added borders to make the throw a queen size.....hurried and gave it to my quilting friend Susan Hansen of Suzy Q's Quilts....and voile----MERRY CHRISTMAS.....I even had the binding all sewn together waiting for the quilt to be finished, 'oneday'!Isn't this cute....I mean the quilting! My granddaughter wanted to be in every picture. Thank goodness I had the throw already pieced because I didn't have time to make an entire quilt....so having a few things stashed away is a good thing!

4 comments:

Mary Grace McNamara said...

Oh, was there a quilt in the pictures? All I saw was a stinking cute little girl having fun with the camera! Yes, the quilt is cute and the quilting! It's always great to have a head start on something like that!

MGM

Southern Gal said...

Yep. The cutie is all my eyes saw the first go round. The quilt is beautiful.

Allie said...

Oh isn't she cute!!! And the quilt is lovely too - love the quilting - great idea to have something going all the time!

Sandy said...

Great quilt and a sweet little granddaughter too!