Tuesday, November 30, 2010

WINTER

My friend asked what I liked about winter. I said I only like two things about winter.
1. When the sun shines and makes the snow sparkle.
2. When winter is gone!
This was looking out my front door last year and we are almost there now. Even though I don't personally like winter, I know we need the water for the crops in our farming community... for all you people who eat Idaho Potatoes! I didn't get my beach house in Southern California worked out for this year, but I am going to see my sister in Southern California in January and hopefully February. That will have to get me through.

4 comments:

Stephanie said...

I'm not a big winter/snow fan either but I do love it when it's the first fresh snow (preferably on Christmas Eve/Morning) and the way it sparkles like glitter. Then it can go away.

Allie said...

Yep, I like seeing snow, means a lesser fire season. But oh it's hard to live through, lol. SoCal sounds good to me!

Natasha said...

The only thing I like about winter is that you can ski in the snow. Maybe I need a trip to So. Cal too. Soak up some vitamin D!

Sherri said...

It is gorgeous! We were up in Mountain Green, Utah for Thanksgiving (up a canyon from Ogden) where daytime temps were never above 12 degrees...now I'm happy for my mild winter at home!