Monday, November 15, 2010

I COULD LIVE HERE

Every city has a few of "those" houses that are so adorable to look at.
These first three are from a very small neighboring city.
Gone are the days of the sweet covered front porch.
This one is in my city. I think it is so sweet. It was restored quite a few years ago and I knew owners and was lucky enough to go through it. The rooms were very small of course, but the remodel was so fun to see. The finish work was so amazing that when we finally built our house, I hired the same guy. He also did my kitchen cabinets.
How could you not want to live in a house with a beautiful gate like this? Where did all the master craftsmen go?

2 comments:

Stephanie said...

Love old home and buildings and those who restore them.

Noodle said...

I love this post! Please continue to post pics of any lovely little homes you come across.
Thank you! That gate is the best!