Monday, October 4, 2010

PIONEER APPLE CAKE

Since it is apple season, I wanted to share the recipe for the Ohio Pioneer Apple Cake from my book, Not Your Grandmother's Quilt. The cake is SO delicious and moist, I know you will love it!
This is the Ohio Candy Rose quilt which goes with the recipe. I loved the red and yellow together.
A special THANK-YOU to everyone for being so supportive of my work and my new book, it has been very well received. It has been fun to hear which quilts have been your favorites. Let's all eat CAKE!

7 comments:

Stephanie said...

Quilts and recipes are a perfect pair. Such a pretty quilt.

Allie said...

The cake sounds delish but OH THAT QUILT!!!!!!!! So so beautiful!

~Niki~ said...

just found your blog. wonderful!

PaTcHwOrK jEnN said...

What a pretty quilt. I am not seeing the recipe for the cake which sounds wonderful am I missing something?

Heirlooms by Ashton House said...

I have been meaning to try this recipe and this is the perfect season for it. I enjoyed working on the book with you.
Kimber

Letterpress said...

What size cake pan does this make? This directions don't tell. Is it a 9x9? 9x13?

I made an pear-chocolate cake last night--must have been inspired by your post!

Sheri Howard said...

Sorry, use a 9 x 13 cake pan! Good luck!