Thursday, July 29, 2010

UPDATE AND WITCH HAZEL

Thank you everyone for your kind comments and concern! As you can see, I am making progress. I only have one brace, one crutch and I can flex both feet. I am getting weary of sitting around, and wearing this brace is very HOT! I know....a cast would be much hotter, so I am thankful! Now about Witch Hazel....you can buy it in the stores by the rubbing alcohol: (although it is more expensive.) If you soak a wash cloth with Witch Hazel and lay the wash cloth on the bruised area for 5-10 minutes 3-4 times @ day, it will help disperse the blood in the bruised area, healing your bruise in half the time and you will not be hurting as long. SO helpful since both my ankles were bruised quite badly. But for now I am on the mend!

5 comments:

Mary Grace McNamara said...

Oh my Sheri! I've been at cub scout camp since Monday so had to read back to find out what happened. It's never any fun to be knocked out of commission like that! I hope you heal quickly and are on the run soon. Nice tip on the witch hazel too!

MGM

Natasha said...

You can also soak maxi pads in witch-hazel and then put them in the freezer until they are frozen. Then you can ice and witch-hazel at the same time!

I'm glad you are feeling better and healing up nicely!

Needled Mom said...

Oh Sheri, how dreadful! A few years back our son broke both ankles in a skiing accident. It is not a fun situation to be in. I hope you feel better soon and can be up and running around once more.

Shawnee said...

Wow, thank goodness for your quick healing! So glad it's not super-serious. Enjoy a little down time, if possible. Be sure to share your crochet creations here. =) The new Interweave Crochet magazine has some cute patterns.

Allie said...

Yikes - so glad you're on the mend! My grandmother ALWAYS had some witch hazel on hand, she kept it in the fridge. It's wonderful stuff!