Saturday, June 19, 2010

JUNK'IN

When I was a kid my mom and her friend used to go to yard sales, estate sales and thrift stores...I remember hearing my mom call up Shirley and say, "Do you want to go junk'in?" So off we would go. I learned at a young age to appreciate other people's junk! I found this at my favorite thrift store today for $5.00. SCORE! It is missing a crystal, but that just means it is gently loved, and turn it to the back who will notice?
And although most of it is plastic, some parts are glass...even the crystals, but I know they are just glass. I am loving the crystal, shiny look with all my old wood.
Then I happened onto a huge yard sale and found this painting in a great frame for $2.00....love that!
It has great detail and is mostly wood...although it doesn't matter what it is, I am still painting it...yes, you guessed it...CREAM! I soooo want to paint it Aqua....perhaps I will! What do you think? I will just take that painting out...and hang it on the wall, maybe put a wreath in it!

6 comments:

bettyp said...

Love the junk-ins you found !! That lamp still has lots of life to it!! Your a good shopper!!

Tracy said...

Once you have antiquet it, it will look great either aqua or cream. I like aqua. That is my vote.

Lizzie said...

Great finds Sheri, love the lamp...
Lizzie
xxx

Shari said...

Good finds! What a beautiful frame - and i vote aqua as a lovely contrast to cream... the lamp reminds me of the movie 'Pollyanna' for some reason - does it make rainbows?

Linda said...

Terrific finds, love the lamp, hmm between cream and aqua that's a hard one, but I'm a lover of cream so that would be my choice.

MamaT said...

I vote for the aqua frame.
I have a whole box full of those crystals and would be happy to send you one. Let me know if you want it.