Monday, June 28, 2010

CREAM WINS....AGAIN

However, the cream frame looks great on the newly painted aqua walls in my laundry room.
What a happy place to do laundry! I personally have never minded doing laundry...although I only have 3 children and they had been doing their own laundry since they were teenagers....but now it is an even more cheerful place to be! I only painted one wall and the bead board in the shelves...which by the way are 2 old drawers put back to back. I had my husband add the bead board and nailed the old picket fences to the front. After we had made it, he asked what it was? I told him it was going in the laundry room above the washer...he asked, "REALLY?" I think he thought I was kidding! I LOVE IT!
I found this darling aqua pot at Real Deals...love that store. A mini Tai Pan trading.
Paint a wall in your laundry room! You will love it!

12 comments:

Natasha said...

I love the color combo of the aqua and the red. So cheerful!

Megan said...

I so envy you people with laundry rooms. And then y'all have to go and be creative and "decorate" your laundry rooms!! Looks so nice and fresh.

Dawn Heese said...

Super cute Sheri.

Mama Pea said...

I love your laundry room. I wish I had a cheerful one like that. something to work on! (As if I needed one more of those! ha ha)

Andra Gayle said...

your laundry room is fancier than most of my house! Where do you store all the stuff for cleaning etc that I have crammed in my laundry room????

Andra Gayle said...

your laundry room is fancier than most of my house! Where do you store all the stuff for cleaning etc that I have crammed in my laundry room????

Tracy said...

I am not surprised the cream won. I do love the shelf. I love how you can see two old draws and make something cute with them.

Stephanie said...

So pretty! My laundry room does need a color makeover. The pastel blue is so "yesterday."

Sherri said...

I think I need to paint my laundry room...after my sewing room! Love this aqua...what color/brand is it?

meri_drake said...

Oh, Sheri! Please don't think I'm a stalker, but I love you already! I came to your blog through a post from Sherri @ a quilting life about your wonderful new book...and I thought I'd died and gone to heaven after looking at your FABULOUSLY clever shelf!love, lovew, love it! I'm a follower now!

Sharyn said...

Sheri, I just ran across your Ruby Red book today and am wondering if you will talk a bit on your blog about combining wool appliqué on our cotton quilt projects.

I plan to test drive the idea myself but thought you might be willing to keep me from reinventing the wheel ;)

Sharyn

Suzanne@Meridian Road said...

What a cute laundry room! The shelf is really fun, too.