Thursday, June 10, 2010

CONGRATULATIONS

Congratulations LIZZIE of Australia! You are the winner of an autographed copy of my book, Not Your Grandmother's Quilt! Thank you everyone for your comments....as you can tell it is difficult to choose just one favorite block. The book was very fun to work on....I hope you are able to find a copy. Happy Sewing!

Well, the pinwheel block, (the aqua and brown) was the most favorite....The second from the bottom, the star of hope block; The Garden of Hope quilt was the second favorite by one vote. Can I just say that this is my favorite picture in the entire book and it happens to be of my favorite quilt. The photos for the book were taken at Millet & Co, a darling little antique shop in Greenwood, MO.The third favorite was the bottom block, the ohio star: The Ohio Candy Rose quilt. Personally I like the 8 pointed star best of all the star blocks, but I loved the pink quilt best, you know me and pink!

All the quilts have a recipe that goes with the block name or the name of the quilt. The recipe for this Ohio Candy Rose quilt is, Ohio Pioneer Apple Cake that is OUT OF THIS WORLD. I will tell you when I made it my poor husband got about 3 pieces and I ate the rest in 2 days....yes it was that good!

Thanks again everyone!

8 comments:

Linda said...

Congratulations to Lizzie, the book sounds wonderful Sherri.

Lizzie said...

Wow, wow, wow, I'm sooo excited. Can't wait to fondle (the book of course) and work out which to make first. Thanks again Sheri...
Lizzie
xxx

Megan said...

Congrats Lizzie. The book has wonderful inspiration.

Sherri said...

I love these photos...the first one is my favorite...I will definitely be getting this book...thanks for sharing! And congrats to the winner!

Gale, Ky quilter said...

Congratulations to Lizzie! Love the quilts you made for this book. Absolutely beautiful!

josema said...

金銀愈加磨鍊,愈加光亮,人生愈加考驗,生命愈加光輝。 ............................................................

arlette said...

Awwwww congrats to Lizzie, I missed the giveaway, I'd be happy only to be included in the giveaway, because we almost don't have quilting books here, dang, my bad luck and myself :'(

prashant said...

Congratulations!!!!!!!!!
Banner Advertising Network India