Thursday, May 6, 2010

SEWING PIN ENVY

You know those little pin cushions-thread catchers you use by your sewing machine? I sew with a group of women every Wednesday and we all have at least one. One year for Christmas, Susan gave us all one of these cute purple ones. The DMWMW letters stand for....Don't Mess With My Wednesday. Notice the puny amount of pins I have!Yesterday at sewing day, I looked over and saw all these pins on one pin cushion and thought they looked so great. I think I had "sewing pin envy!" I for sure do not even own that many sewing pins total.
It almost looked like a bouquet of daffodils! And look at the circle blocks Lori is working on, I will show you those later. What a wonderful group of women I get to associate with every week.....and we don't husband bash or gossip.
LuJean and Beverly were making these DARLING thread catchers yesterday. I had to find the pattern....and isn't it just so cute? I will need to make myself one of these! Check about all the fun patterns at Abby Lane Quilts, and they have to blog too. So many things to sew....so little time!

7 comments:

PunkiePie said...

The Abbey Bag is also on my list of "to make soon".

Allie said...

Those pin cushion-threadcatchers are darling! Someday I'll have to make one. I keep my waste basket next to my machine and keep dropping my scissors in it.
Love the pattern!

財榮 said...

先告訴自己希望成為什麼樣的人,然後一步一步實踐必要的步驟。........................................

nichola said...

I recently came across your blog and have been reading along. I thought I would leave my first comment. I dont know what to say except that I have enjoyed reading. Nice blog. I will keep visiting this blog very often.

Lucy

http://businesseshome.net

nichola said...

I recently came across your blog and have been reading along. I thought I would leave my first comment. I dont know what to say except that I have enjoyed reading. Nice blog. I will keep visiting this blog very often.

Lucy

http://businesseshome.net

淑娟 said...

It's great!!.............................................

ytsmom said...

I've made 3 Abbey bags, and need to make a 4th for someone! I started a trend at my sewing group and those ladies have made a lot of Abbey's too!