Monday, April 12, 2010

QUILTMANIA MAGAZINE

Have any of you seen the Quiltmania Magazine? It is one of my favorites. The company Quiltmania is in France, they print their magazines in French, Dutch, and English. They are the most beautiful quilt magazines EVER! This is a special spring issue, but there regular issues have WONDERFUL stories and articles about quilts and artists from all over the world; then the next section is where the quilts and patterns are for a project you would like to make...and lastly, they have their advertisements. And my favorite part....they use the FINEST quality of paper!
I have worked for over a year and a half to have a quilt published in their magazine.....I made the corner of the cover, and a spread on the back cover!
The quilt is called, A Walk In the Park. It is made with pinks, reds, aquas and spring green fabrics...my favorites done all together!
Their magazines are SO beautifully done....such pretty art work and photography!
I am very honored to be featured in their magazine. I know you can find copies at quilt shops, and at your local Barnes & Noble, and Borders Booksellers...and you can also get your very own subscription! Thank you Carol and Caroline at Quiltmania!

13 comments:

Southern Gal said...

So pretty. Congratulations.

Sherri said...

Congratulations Sheri...I've purchased one issue before of this magazine and absolutely loved it! Your quilt is beautiful!

Allie said...

I've never seen that magazine - I'll have to look for it. I LOVE your quilt!

Brenda said...

Well aren't you the belle of the ball? Woo-HOO! Congratualtions on another wonderful acomplishment. I always pick up that magazine at Barnes and Noble and put it back thinking that the quilts are WAY over my skill level. I might just have to give it a second look this time because I'm lovin' your quilt and it's not looking too scary! You know me, not too good about stepping outside that little comfort zone. =)

Shari said...

Congratulations on being an internationally published artist! A very lovely quilt and perfect for spring (which is six months away for us - we are just now welcoming the cooler weather)...

Jennifer said...

wow Sherri you rock!!!

Cathy M said...

Congratulations. Those are my favorite colors too.

Dawn Heese said...

Congrats Sheri! Looks fabulousl.

Linda said...

Congratulations! That is quite an accomplishment. I will look for the issue at Barnes & Noble.

MamaT said...

Congratulations! I will look for the magazine tomorrow while I'm on a shop hop.

Julia said...

Congrats Sheri! Looks fabulous!.


I've never seen that magazine - I'll have to look for it.

Ann the Quilter said...

Hello!
This note is to let you know that page 29 of the QuiltMania No. 78 issue features a quilt that I have developed a pattern and template for . The Lancaster Diamond Sampler Quilt was photographed at the Lancaster (Pennsylvania) Quilt & Textile Museum in March, 2010, as part of the AQS show. Please visit my website for information about this quilt and the patterns & template I have developed to go along with it. A portion of the sales goes to the museum to support our quilting heritage. Thank you!
Ann Holte
http://annholtequilting.com

from one to another said...

Hi Sheri, congratulations on getting featured in QuiltMania! I have written 3 articles for them and have been so pleased to see how well they designed them.

I am hoping to do a blog on their website, so more people around the world will learn about them. Would you send me your email address so I can let you know when it appears & you can let all your many friends know about it? My email address is mesorrell@gmail.com. By the way, I am also on the board of the Alliance for American Quilts. If you have any questions about me, you can contact Amy Milne, the director, or Carol Veillon at QuiltMania.

Best wishes with all your work!
ME Sorrell