Monday, April 26, 2010

OLD COAT--NEW COAT

This is my Spring coat which I have had for a few years.....plain but practical. This is it's makeover debut....a new collar.
New cuffs on it's three quarter length sleeves.
Trim and covered buttons on it's pockets.
Covered buttons on it's back belt.....It is VERY Spring-like and seems VERY new. So much fun to wear. The first day I wore it, I had 3 compliments. I have been thinking about doing it for sometime now, but when I saw Sandi Henderson's book , Sewing Bits & Pieces 35 Projects Using Fabric Scraps I had to do it! I have my book ordered from Amazon.com! You will want one too!

9 comments:

Mary Grace McNamara said...

I love it! It is so fresh and cheerful! Doesn't it make you happy just to wear something fun like that? Nice job!

MGM

Allie said...

LOVE this - I'll have to look for that book too! Your coat looks brand new and SO stylish!

Carrie P. said...

That coat is just too cute! Now you are stylin'.

Brenda said...

Well I think you should have modeled it for us...how am I supposed to know if it REALLY looks cute. HUH?
What if we make one and it only looks good on the hanger huh? LOL!

Tracy said...

I love it. I love it!!! I need to do something with the handles on my lunch bag. Maybe I'll go decorative instead of practical.

RexTemples0217 said...

失敗時你可能會失望,但如果不嘗試,將永無希望。..................................................

Stephanie said...

LOVE your "new" coat. Park Slope is perfect.

Dandelion Quilts said...

How fresh and cheerful! Great idea.

MegJill said...

Cute! it is so cheerful and spring like now! I bet it adds a smile to all who see it.