Wednesday, April 21, 2010

KNIT ONE PEARL TWO

DO YOU KNIT?
I personally do not...except I can knit a wash cloth...but my oldest daughter does. She is self-taught for the most part. Although you might enjoy this great knitting tutorial site that is very nice if you want to learn or just get help.
These are what I got for Mother's Day. Hand knitted socks that are just like slipper socks....so warm and comfy!I don't know much about knitting socks except from what I have heard from my daughter and I guess "turning the heel" is a big deal and if you can do that...."YOU CAN REALLY KNIT!" Me...well, I think I will stay with the wash cloths and quilting.
THESE ARE HAPPY FEET!
Thanks Natasha

7 comments:

Southern Gal said...

Thanks for the tutorial site. I am going to learn how one day!

Mary Grace McNamara said...

Those are gorgeous feet! Wow, what a pair of socks! Knittinghelp.com is a fabulous site for tutorials and patterns and general chit chat too. The forum is great fun and full of very helpful and knowledgeable people.

See you there, maybe!

MGM

Needled Mom said...

Ahhhh...so cute and warm!

Quilt Hollow said...

I'm not a knitter...envy those who can!

Allie said...

I've tried to knit, but I'm not coordinated enough. I'll stick to crochet and quilting! Those socks are WONDERFUL - love the color!

MamaT said...

We have so much in common! My oldest daughter knits, too and just learned socks this winter. She's been doing some REALLY cute baby things.
I got your new book today at the Cotton Patch in Tulsa. I work there and we all LOVE the book. Keep up the good work.

Brenda said...

Well aren't you the lucky one?! And they're pink! How appropriate for you... being so girlie and all. I am so jealous, I need a green pair, to cure my envy! LOL! Hope you have many, many, toasty toe nights enjoying those cuties! B=)