Friday, April 16, 2010

BEACH COTTAGE OR BUST

Remember in February when I went to visit my sister in southern CA and we went to the beach cities....well, here are a few of the photos of houses we liked. There were several that we liked.
My sister liked this one, I liked it too.....I liked most of them. So as I was sitting here wondering what it would be like to live there 3-4 months during the winter, I thought about throwing caution to the wind and just renting one. A couple of questions did run through my mind.
1. Can I afford it for 3-4 months? More like do I want to afford it?
~~~~
2. Will my husband have a heart attack? Answer: No probably not a heart attack, and he wouldn't even be surprised, but would he be talking to me in 3-4 months?
~~~~
3. Would I have to drive there so I could have a car? It is a long drive.
~~~~
4. Will I be lonely? Answer: If I drive, I can take my sewing machine and anything else I want...probably not too lonely and I would have the GPS so I could find quilt shops....
~~~~
Boy oh boy is this getting tempting. I know for a fact that some places rent by the month! I will have to give this some more serious thought. .. I will keep you posted.

11 comments:

Mary Grace McNamara said...

Imagine all the wonderful inspiration you would get spending 3 months at a California beach house!

It's fun to dream, isn't it?

MGM

Natasha said...

If you were to rent a place, maybe me and the kids would have to come out for a few weeks, or a month! Something else to think about and add to your list!

Carrie P. said...

They are cute houses. I can only imagine how much to rent one!

Southern Gal said...

We're close to the beach and love the convenience of day tripping. But the week long visits are the best. I can't imagine renting for a whole month. That would be awesome.

Needled Mom said...

I can't imagine what my house would look like when I returned!!!! It does sound tempting after your winter.

Tracy said...

You would be close that would be the best part to have you here longer.

SewCalGal said...

Oh Sheri, I'd love to have you come winter in So. Cal. I think you'd really enjoy it. And, in all honesty, there are some super deals on summer beach rentals in the winter months. We have some great quilt shops, delightful guilds, wonderful beaches, restaurants, etc....So, please come now, summer, fall or winter. You are always welcome and I'd love to have you come visit!

SewCalGal
www.sewcalgal.blogspot.com

Sandy said...

What fun that would be!! I would love to do something like that in the future...for me it would have to be on the East Coast though!

Brenda said...

Oh no! You have me thinking...and that's never a good thing! LOL!
I say, "Just do it!" hahaha.

Dawn Heese said...

No you won't be lonely. I will come with you.

Sherri said...

I would come too...how many quilters do you think we could fit it one of those cottages?!