Thursday, April 29, 2010

AQUA, BLUES AND GREEN

Stephanie at Loft Creations has a Dresden plate like this as her blog header. I have loved it since the day I saw it. I personally have never made a quilt with these colors so one day I started cutting scraps to make a Dresden plate quilt....not knowing how many I would need, and not having a pattern or even an idea of how big I wanted the quilt....When I finally started sewing, I had more than enough for a QUEEN sized quilt with some left over. I haven't made a queen sized quilt in a LONG time....But it is very pretty. I just need to add the borders. Thanks Stephanie for the inspiration!!

12 comments:

Mary Grace McNamara said...

Stephanie has some great stuff, and I've always loved her header picture too! When do we get to see some of your blues and greens? Queen size seems so big after making little wallhangings and throws!

MGM

Needled Mom said...

I love the Dresdan plate. It looks fabulous! I have also enjoyed Stephanie's header AND her blog.

Mary on Lake Pulaski said...

Very pretty Sheri!

Megan said...

How pretty. Can't wait to see it with the border.

free indeed said...

That's my favorite color combo for the past two years! I've started decorating my sewing room in those colors, and I know it's gonna end up in the bedroom too. I just got two jelly rolls in the mail today to start the hexagon quilt along. Your plates are fantastic@! I want to see a picture of the entire quilt! :)

Stephanie said...

Absolutely LOVE it. Dresdens, blues and greens...so pretty. I'm stalled on my border. I know what I want to do but need a kick start to finish it. Looking forward to seeing your completed quilt with border.

Allie said...

Wow, a queen! This is just lovely, and I adore the colors.

A Spoonful Of Sugar said...

Love your modern take on the dresden block !

裕以 said...

You're gorgeous~.................................................................

Dandelion Quilts said...

I can see why you would love this.. it is beautiful. I love the colors you picked. They are so fresh.

Sherri said...

Your quilt is going to be gorgeous! I love the combination of aqua blue and green as well...and also thank Stephanie for the inspiration!

the Material Girls Quilts said...

Love the new book! It's a big hit at the shop, just reordered:)
Nadine