Monday, March 22, 2010

BIRTHDAY QUILT

One nice thing about being a quilter is sewing for someone you love! When my grandchildren turn 3-4, I make them a pieced quilt. Like my grandson!~ ~~ However, after I got the quilt back from the quilter....I noticed the engine looked strange.....can you tell why?
I forgot it's back wheel, and my grandson who is a train expert would have noticed it straight away! So, I had to applique on the last wheel, fussing with the bulk of the entire quilt. (Not an easy task.) Moral to the story....make sure all the wheels are on first!

~~HAPPY BIRTHDAY Mr. Gavin! ~ ~

7 comments:

Andi said...

What a lovely grandma you are!!!

Southern Gal said...

That's beautiful.

Natasha said...

He is going to LOVE it!

Rae Ann said...

What a darling quilt for a lucky little boy from his adoring Grandma! It turned out so cute!

Allie said...

That is a darling quilt - he'll love it! Too funny about the back wheel, looks like something I'd do, lol!

Mary on Lake Pulaski said...

Oh Sheri, that is such a wonderful quilt for your grandson! I be he is thrilled. It's adorable.

Shari said...

Happy Birthday to Gavin!

What a great quilt. Glad you noticed the wheels before he had the chance to! What a great family story to tell him one day, he will love it...