Monday, February 8, 2010

SOUTHERN CALIFORNIA HERE I COME

Please notice the tape....I have this picture taped on the wall above my computer...year round, but it is especially nice to see during the winter. I don't necessarily like to be in the salt water, but I like to go to the beach and be in the sunshine. I love the little beach cities in Southern California, Newport, Balboa, Laguna Beach...Catalina....and I am happy to say I am going to see my sister for a few (too few actually) days this week. I must be back for the 14th as it is my son's 30th birthday and we are having a big family dinner party. But, a few days in the sun will sure cheer me up! (Hopefully there will be sun...they have had a lot of rain.) Either way, rain or shine, it will be green, plus there are a few new quilt shops we need to visit! Good thing I don't need to try to fit into a swimming suit or get a tan! Age does have a few advantages!

10 comments:

Trisha said...

Have Fun! I grew up in one of those little beach cities and now live in Utah! I really really REALLY do not enjoy that white cold stuff that falls from the sky! I think a week by the beach cheers everyone up!

Leigh said...

I'm from Newport Beach originally. I love it, and it will always be home. I'm doing a Masters degree in Vermont right now and boy do I wish I was going with you! Enjoy it!

SandyQuilts said...

I love San Diego too. Do you ever get to check out Rosie's Calico Cupboard quilt shop .... lots of fabric. Have fun

Allie said...

ENJOY yourself! Boy do I need a beach day. And when you get to MY age, you don't CARE what you look like in a swimsuit, lol!!!!

Brenda said...

OH, now I'm jealous! I so wish I could tag along. It's too cold in NH!
Have fun while you're there; don't forget your camera...we'll be wating for a recap! LOL!
BTW. I still can't believe you have a thirty year old, it's baffling! =)

Annelies Dease said...

Ah.....one of my favorite places too, and lucky me I live close enough to go often. Put "Las Brisas" on your list of MUST DO. Nice breakfast, but AWESOME view and not all that pricy considering it IS Laguna Beach. Have LOTS of fun. XXX

zees5 said...

I live inland in S. California and it has be down right chilly here so do bring some layers and a really warm scarf. We got so cold on Saturday, we drove to Palm Springs to eat lunch and thaw out. ~Page

Stephanie said...

Growing up in Southern California does have the advantage of constant good weather. Enjoy the warmth.

Needled Mom said...

We'll try to keep the sun shining for you, but we may throw in a day or two of a little rain. After all....we DO need it! ;)

Sherri said...

Have a wonderful time!