Thursday, February 18, 2010

MY SON'S BIRTHDAY QUILT

For my son's 30th birthday (wow, where did that time go?) I made him a queen size quilt for his bed. It is all dark, blues, greens, browns and black.
The crazy part is I didn't have to buy any fabric except the borders and the back. The borders cost as much as the back, as I got the backing piece 50% off....boy I love that! The best part is while you are sewing for someone else, you think about them all the time you are sewing! My son is a great person, very personable, very friendly, very talented and is cute with his kids....LOVE YOU SON!

10 comments:

Happy Cottage Quilter said...

Beautiful quilt. Wishing your son a Happy Birthday!

Southern Gal said...

Happy birthday to your son!

Natasha said...

That is a great quilt. It looks like something he would own! Great job. He is a great boy (man, whatever!)

beth said...

I like thinking about the people I'm quilting for also. Love this quilt!

Allie said...

That is a beautiful quilt!!!!!!! Happy Birthday to your son!!!

Mary on Lake Pulaski said...

Sweet gift for your son Sheri!

MegJill said...

Beautiful!!!

LiahonaGirl said...

Great quilt! Traditional, yet definitely masculine. I've made quilts for 4 of my nephews when they got married and it was essential for me to make sure they weren't to girly, but I still wanted their brides to alike the quilts as well.
Nancy

Stephanie said...

Very masculine and gorgeous. Can those two adjectives be used in the same sentence?

Carrie P. said...

Great quilt and I love the red triangles just topped stitched. My oldest turns 30 this year. Whew! where does the time go. I hope he had a great day.