Thursday, January 14, 2010

FLOWERS AND MORE FLOWERS

I have to confess something quite humorous.......I ordered this many flowers to use at the photo shoot for my new book, Not Your Grandmother's Quilt due out in April......however, I didn't anticipate there would be this many flowers. You can imagine my surprise when I walked into the floral shop and there sat all these flowers.....for me! I started laughing when I saw them all. ~~ I had ordered them over the phone since I was going to Missouri, but afterwards I went into my local floral shop and told them what I had ordered and asked if they thought that would be too many. The gal at my local floral shop (whom I know well) said she thought that amount would be fine... and I didn't want to be short....nothing like wishing you had something you didn't. ~~~ I did NOT use this many flowers, in fact, we hardly used any. My mom and sister went with me to Missouri. When we loaded the flowers into the back seat of the rental they took over the entire back seat and floor,there was harely any room for my poor mom to sit. As I recall, we even had them in the front seat on the floor so my sister barely had room... After the photo shoot we gave them to a little grade school and told the office staff to hand them out to the teachers as a teacher appreciation day. NOTE TO SELF: you do not need as many flowers as you think you do! I still smile when I think about it!

8 comments:

Tracy said...

It is a lovely picture. You look great and the flowers are happy colors to me. It was a great trip.

Barbara said...

Well at least the car smelled good!!! Can't wait for the book.
Great idea to donate the flowers to teachers, they are soooooo under-appreciated.

Mary Grace McNamara said...

Never too many flowers! Think of all the happiness they brought to those teachers! Can't wait to see the book.

MGM

MegJill said...

How fun though to be bombarded with FLOWERS! That was a nice surprise to give them to the school teachers. I used to go to elementary school in Missouri and I don't think those teachers ever got flowers! (Except on secretaries day when we always trimmed lilacs from the tree and gave them to the school secretary. They were usually wilted by the time she got them. )

Brenda said...

I love it! What a wonderful surprise; well, maybe not at the time, but as an outside, I think it's just fun! Oh, and I have yet to meet someone that doesn't love to receive flowers...even from strangers! You could have just stood on a corner and made strangers smile by handing them flowers. Notthat would have been great fun too! Thanks for sharing. You just made me want to go out and load up on some flowers of my own! B=)

Allie said...

Oh how funny - and you reminded me of when we took my hubby's grandma to the Home and Garden Show. It was the last day and they were selling flowers cheap - we had her wheelchair so loaded down with flowers people were calling her the Flower Lady! She LOVED it.

Jennifer Paganelli said...

Congrats!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! So happy for you Sheri!!

Sherri said...

Love the flowers! Can't wait to see your new book!