Monday, December 21, 2009

CHRISTMAS SMELLS


I think Christmas smells like Gingerbread cookies, and dolls. I wonder if the doll manufactures put a special scent in the plastic that make them irresistible.

My grand daughter got a "twirrly skirt" and so the dolly had to have one too!

The twirrly skirt had to have a blouse.
And the dolly had to have some jeans and shirt....
And she had to have a new dress and bloomers. Boy did making doll clothes take me back to the years when my daughters had dolls. I use to sew for hire for a woman who had 4 daughters and they each got a new one for Christmas. I sewed doll clothes for Christmas for years, because each year each new doll had to have a complete wardrobe. I was a lot younger in those days, I am glad I only have one doll to sew for!

8 comments:

MegJill said...

Those little dolly clothes are adorable! I can't believe that you actually make them. And they look as nice as regular girl clothes! I'm curious. Do you use a pattern or just make it up as you go?

Andi said...

What an amazing Grandmother you are!!!
Such a fabulous gift for a little girl.
Andi :-)

Angela said...

Oh... so cute! You want to make Paige some... jk! I am just glad she hasn't thought of extra clothes for her dolls just yet. Just clothing for herself. :) Have a VERY MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!

Kathie said...

oh I used to make a lot of doll clothes for my girls American Girl Dolls and of course bitty baby!
I really enjoyed doing it. One year I made dresses for the dolls for all the holidays! even St Patricks Day! they thought that was the greatest thing ever!
yours are adorable, they will be loved
Kathie

A Spoonful Of Sugar said...

What sweet clothes you have made! I loved making dolls clothes for my daughter - even the Barbie doll clothes were fun to make.

Have a wonderful Christmas!

Southern Gal said...

Wow! You've outdone yourself. You HAVE to take a picture of her face when she opens these gifts.

Needled Mom said...

All so cute! Isn't it fun to take you back?

Baby dolls do have "that" smell to them. Do you think they could make it in a car fragrance????

Sherri said...

This post brought back so many memories of sewing doll clothes for my girls...in fact I have a couple of outfits still in a box that never got finished...hopefully one day I can finish them for granddaughters! Merry Christmas!