Wednesday, October 7, 2009

TRUST ME

I did not paint this pumpkin white, trust me!
You know I have wanted a white pumpkin all of September. My friend said they had some at Michael's that were artificial and you could carve....I wanted a real one, but a big one and "all things cream and white" has not really hit it here, YET! However, I did find one at Fred Myers...they often have interesting things!
And even though it isn't as big as I wanted, it will have to do!
I don't think they get too big. Anyone know what color the flesh is since I am not going to carve it? Does it taste like orange pumpkin and can you make a pie from it? Curious minds want to know!

6 comments:

Carrie P. said...

I saw some white pumpkins last fall at a farmers market but I have no idea what color they are inside or how they taste.

Stephanie said...

I try to buy a white pumpkin each year. One years we an an odd greenish/grayish one we picked at a pumpkin patch. Son's choice. He put coat hangers in the top and made it a martian.

Shari said...

I have not seen a white pumpkin. We get a grey variety here as well as ones with a darker green skin - and of course butternut, which is a squash really. We do not have orange pumpkins. Australians eat a lot of pumpkin either roasted or steamed or mixed in with mash potatoe, and of course pumpkin soup. They do not eat it as pie! They think it's odd having pumpkin as a sweet when they eat it as a vegetable. I occasionally make pumpkin pie just for me - no one else in the family will eat it!

Hugs - Shari

Allie said...

Are you SURE you didn't paint it? LOL, just kidding! I've never seen one, so no clue what they're like inside. I'd love to know though! It's cool and kind of spooky!

Southern Gal said...

PLease let us know when you find out!

Letterpress said...

I cracked mine open last year. I don't know if we have the same variety, but mine was orange inside. BTW, I'm one of your sister's friends (Elizabeth).

Love your blog and congrats on the publication of your blook!