Friday, October 30, 2009

TO SEW OR NOT TO SEW

I found the most wonderful crochet blog ever! Check it out here! It has enticed me until I finally went out and bought some yarn.
And now I am making little circles, soon to become hexagons!
I am afraid that when I get to the end of all this yarn, the thing will be gigantic...perhaps I will need to make two smaller ones?
Look at all these fantastic colors? The pattern said I needed 15 colors!
At the time I was buying them I kept adding up all the cost and I almost didn't buy the entire 15...but then I thought, "You would spend this much on fabric and never think twice!" So I bought it!
Plus I can work on it at nights while I am watching TV or listening to my husband work on his computer, because winter is coming and I have a fireplace to sit by! So, I will sew during the day, crochet at night! What a life!

7 comments:

Sherry said...

I like your kind of thinking I'm sure I think just like you do. LOL

Sherri said...

I wish I could crochet or knit...the colors in yarns are so amazing! But I do something along the lines of what you're talking about. I try to save applique' and handwork for the evenings so I can be out in the family room with my husband in the evenings! Daytime...sewing room!

Natasha said...

ooh, those are pretty colors! Hurray for "fiber-related crafts"!

Vickie E said...

lovely colorful pictures..makes me want to dig out my yarn and start knitting!

Tracy said...

I was watching Nanny McPhee and one of the children had a coverlet on his bed that looked like that. I thought of making one. I love the website to tell you how. Thanks for sharing!

Deb said...

Yes I agree. You can never have too many projects on the go. I've taken up knitting again. Why do we do this??

Allie said...

Sounds perfect to me - those colors are so yummy!!!!!