Sunday, October 4, 2009

LIVING IN THE PROJECTS

We have done some remodeling over the years and when we do, my daughter says, "we are living in the projects." Well, we are in the projects again! Our house was suppose to have a ceiling to floor fireplace, but it would be on the only solid wall in the room and I was not sure I wanted that entire wall taken up by a ceiling to floor fireplace....now 2+ years later, I have decided I do want a fireplace....you all know how cold it gets here in south-eastern Idaho...plus it will look so nice on my long wall....thus the projects. It will have the kind of stone you can see on the bottom...stay tuned for the results! Oh, you can't see the mantle until later because it isn't on there yet, but it is very pretty!

5 comments:

dotti white said...

I am excited to see the finished result! It looks like it will be beautiful!!!

Brenda said...

How exciting! Woo-Hoo! I can't wait to see it. A little project makes for a big mess but that's always a good excuse to tinker with what you have and give your room a makeover. Gotta love a makeover! LOL!
I can't wait to see! B=)

Allie said...

LOL - love your title! I can't wait to see this done, it's going to be fabulous!

Stephanie said...

Things always get messier before they get better. Mr. Creations redid our fireplace a few years ago. Beautiful result! Redoing our basement is next so I have move into a BIG sewing space.

Tracy said...

I love the bricks.