Friday, September 11, 2009

PEACH JAM AND BREAD

First I canned peaches...I have always loved how beautiful bottled fruit is, and how warm and satisfying it is to see them on the fruit-room/pantry shelf. (My parents had a fruit room in the basement, did any of yours?) My husband who rarely says anything, made the comment that they would sure taste good this winter!
Then I made peach jam and threw a few huckleberries in the top of each jar.
Then I had a "hanker'in" for homemade bread to go with my peach-huckleberry jam. It has been a while since I made a whole batch of homemade bread...not from the bread maker! Like your mother always said... good bread making is a skill...it turned out okay, but I am sure out of practice. It tasted so good with the jam! I thanked God today for the fruits of the season. I LOVE the fresh fruits!