Friday, July 24, 2009

QUILT DAY # 2

I know we all own or have seen a Grandmother's Garden quilt like this. I am sad to say I can't even remember where I got this. It is in really GREAT shape.
The one thing I loved about it, is that the border is sewn to the white along the hexagon shapes so the entire flower shows, not cut off like you see some quilts....I have one of those too! And isn't this soft green the greatest color?
See how this edge is sewn. Such great workmanship!
The front border is turned over to the back and is also the binding. A very talented person made this quilt. I have always loved the thin old quilts, those puffy ones from the 70's and 80's were never my favorite. I always put a thin batting in my quilts, I just love how they feel, especially after they are washed and dried.~~~We should take a head count: how many people own a Grandmother's Garden quilt? How many have ever made one? I sort of made one. I only did the flowers and appliqued them on a block....does that count as half?~~ Okay, 1 for owning, 1/2 for making, who else?