Thursday, July 2, 2009

HELLO JULY

Can you believe it is July already...where does time go? I had to get out my July table topper.
So festive for the occasion! So nice to have bright colors around!
This table topper was easier than some...the applique is raw edge, so just iron on and sew around...
1. Then, instead of quilting, I sewed on the picots, like you would after you quilt.
2. Placed a piece of flannel on the right side of the quilt.
3. Added the back right side down on top of the flannel.
4. Sewed around the entire outside edge 1/3" and left a 12" opening.
5. Turned the topper inside out.
6. Pressed well.
7. Pin well all over.
8. Stitch in the ditch along the squares, and top stitch along the entire outside edge.
9. Done!
I like it because it is flatter than when you use batting. More like a padded table cloth than quilt....although I like quilts on the table....this was nice and fast and different. The reason I tried this was because I taught a class on these table toppers once a month last year, and a lady didn't know how to machine quilt, and didn't want to pay to have it done, so I thought of a way she could finish her project....I quite liked it.
I changed my topper to have blue wool circles instead of red. So of course you can get this and all of the other 11 darling patterns from Cotton Way!! Bonnie currently has 6 new patterns out, but you can still get all her other patterns...and she is having a limited time...buy 3 patterns, get 4th free...A DEAL!! Gota love that!
~~~ Hope you all have a happy 4th of July....to all my friends in Australia and other places in the world...hope your 4th is a happy Summer Saturday as well!!!