Friday, July 31, 2009

A FUNNY THING

Aren't these Rainer cherries so beautiful? I have to tell you a funny thing: when I was young, there was a tree of these not far from my house. The kids in the neighborhood didn't eat them because we thought they were crab apples. Then one year when I was about 10, someone started eating them from the the branch that hung over the fence onto the road. If someone held the bicycle, you could stand on the seat and pick the cherries. This isn't the funny part......
The other day when I bought these and brought them home, my husband asked why I had bought crab apples? I hadn't thought about them as crab apples for a LONG, LONG time. Funny that he thought they were crab apples too!
Here is all the sewing I could muster up....I am in the final days of the editing for my book that goes to print August 4th.
If you remember on the Moda Bake Shop, Jen Duncan had that cute Happy Birthday banner? Well, I made myself a happy sewing banner for my sewing room window.
It is very cheerful! I am painting the walls, I will show you later....I hope I like the paint, as I had to move EVERYTHING away from the walls and boy was it a job!
EDIT: Even funnier: I spelled crab apples...crap apples....can you believe it?