Saturday, July 25, 2009

CHRISTMAS SWAP GIFTS

Well, you would not believe the gifts I received in the mail today from Shari who had my name is the Christmas swap hosted by Linda and Stephanie. This darling Christmas bag full of all kinds of goodies!
The bag even has little candy cane buttons! I needed a Christmas bag last year to carry my books to church and thought about making one but didn't....now I won't have to!
The tree on the Christmas card is fabric. So creative!
Look at these sweet fabrics! I can hardly wait to use these!
Then there was this little tin with this logo on the front.
And this little story on the back!
And this darling pair of scissors with a kangaroo...can you see his legs and tail that curl around the finger holes? SO SWEET!!! I hate to brag, but I may be one of the few Americans who have a kangaroo pair of scissors! However, if you come to my house, I will let you use them!
A sweet little pin...handmade in Australia.
Another tin...I thought I took a picture of it...covered with red peppermint swirl candies...full of ribbons and this pin! Makes you feel like a part of Australia when you wear their flag!
These are the ribbons....yards and yards of them!
Then, I opened this GREAT button necklace kit...make your own necklace. Guess what color the buttons are?
Of course you are correct....Shari reads my blog....they are PINK and RED!
And this tea towel with all kinds of animals....I loved the possum!
Then this was the most ingenious thing I have seen in a long time...a book mark; how cute is that? SO CLEVER!!! There you go ladies, if you want to try out the hexagons but don't want to make a large project, make one of these.....great gift for Christmas for neighbors, school teachers, sewing friends.
Then, I don't know why I waited until the last to open this gift, but it was the icing on the cake, and look at the label! Thanks so much for labeling it! Every year when I take it out of the Christmas box, I will think of you Shari!!
It is a table runner done in creams and white..and a lot of the pieces are shinny....I LOVE IT, and I love the red binding.
I really wanted to capture the shinny pieces...WOW! Thank you Shari SO MUCH, you really spoiled me! I loved every minute of it! Thank you Linda and Stephanie for hosting this swap. I can't even imagine how much work this took! It was so fun working on my own gift to give away, and knowing I would be receiving a gift too. What a great day! Merry Christmas in July everyone!