Monday, June 1, 2009

WHO WOULD GUESS?

My sister Tracy and I just got back from a week in Kansas City, MO for the studio photo shoot of my book that comes out in September. We had a great time! We went for a drive across Missouri to Nauvoo, Illinois to see a few church history sites. On the way we stopped at a cute quilt shop called Country Expressions in Stewartville, MO.
Imagine my surprise when I recognised the owner. I asked her if she had been at quilt market, thinking she was a shop owner I might have seen in the isles. She said, "Yes, I'm Kathy, Tula Pink's mom! Oh my heck, we even had dinner together with a bunch of Moda people. She said that Jen (aka Tula Pink) would be in the shop in just a few minutes! We had a GREAT reunion. It was so CRAZY that we happened onto Kathy's shopI used the ladies room, and I have NEVER seen a more darling ladies room....with all kinds of posters of fabric, fabric companies, patterns and just cool stuff all over the walls, and even in the stalls... a very chic place!



So, you never know who you will meet along the road....Notice Tula Pink's quilt in the back?