Monday, April 6, 2009

NEW BOWLS and DIET APPLE PIE!

These are the new bowls I bought to use on my CHERRIES and BLOSSOMS table topper ...I lent it to my local fabric shop but they had to list Moda Bake Shop for the pattern. I will get it back soon.
NOW FOR THE APPLE PIE!
This Wasa Light rye crackers are only 60 calories for 2, and NO fat. You can find them in your cracker/cookie section....(don't buy those other kind of cookies we can't eat!)
1. Take two crackers and lightly run them under the water in the sink until they are wet on both sides.
2. Take 1/2 an apple with the peelings on. Slice thin and layer on one cracker, sprinkle with cinnamon and Splenda.
3. Top with the other cracker and wrap loosely in cling wrap. Microwave for about 1 minute. Be careful, it will be steaming hot. Open and EAT. Of course it isn't like your grandmother's flaky pie crust, but it is a nice treat if you are not having the real pie.
Have any of you seen these fruit compotes at your local craft store where you layer the plastic fruit in a clear jar? I saw them last year and loved them I waited until the fruit was on sale at the end of last summer, and used a 40% off coupon for my jar and now I have one for myself!! The fruit now days looks so real...........compared to years ago! ~~Happy Spring everyone....we have sunshine today! YEAH~~