Thursday, April 2, 2009

A HOT CHOCOLATE DAY!

If I showed you a picture of our weather outside this past week you would ask me if I lived in the Antarctic. It is so depressing, I can't even take a photo of it myself! Today was a HOT CHOCOLATE , STAY IN MY THE FIRE (if I had one!) and SEW all day kind of day! Boy could I use a day....no, a YEAR at the beach!

This is a book with menus, recipes, and a shopping list for each week for the an entire month that I made for my daughter-in-law for her birthday. Scrapbook style! I just covered the front with a piece of card stock that matched the rest of the paper I used.
Every week has a menu for that week, a few pages of recipes and a take out shopping list.
This was so fun to do. I used an artist's sketch pad and tore out the extra pages at the end that I didn't use.
I used an envelope, glued the flap backwards and put in the shopping list. I included all the things you would need for the menus for that week on a card that could be removed and taken to the store.
I know when I had children at home, it was nice to think about the menu once a week, go to the store once, or maybe twice for milk and eggs. Then I only had to think about what was for dinner once everyday. If I could think about it soon after breakfast and put it in a crock pot or in the oven then I could SEW! It turned out rather cute, and it was fun to do......my son liked it!