Friday, February 27, 2009

My IRONING BOARD'S NEW DRESS!

Here is my new ironing board, I just couldn't wait, I went to town last night and bought Amy Butler's midwest modern 2 in pink of course, it is the Sunset color way. I LOVE IT SO MUCH! Actually it is my first piece of Amy Butler fabric. I have always wanted something to make out of her fabric, so now I have.

It took 1 and 3/4 yard for the length, but you only use 22" wide. I took off the cover I had and traced it on the new fabric, left enough around the edges to make a casing and ran 1/4" elastic inside, put the old cover back on and put my new "dress" on top of the cover...plus I have 1 and 3/4 yard of 22" wide left over for something else! Hooray for Jen for her fabulous idea! I liked her Amy Butler print too, but this is all I could find last minute!