Friday, January 2, 2009

NEW YEAR SURPRISE

One of the nice things about being a designer is sometimes fabric companies will send you fabric to use on your projects. I was fortunate at quilt market to talk to Marcus Brothers who were generous and sent me a box of beautiful fabrics of The Old Sturbridge Village by Judie Rothermel which I will be using in my book this fall! Thanks so much Pati! Be sure to see all the fabrics on Fatquartershop.com, click on the Marcus Brothers at the left.
Here are a few of the squares I have to trim! I like to trim everything so I know it is exact before I sew! This is the corner sashing block with this WONDERFUL goldenrod fabric! I love it so much!

These are some of the fabrics I am going to use in my quilt....of course these pictures don't do the fabrics justice, but you get the picture.

Here is the rest of the pile that I am going to use for another project, hopefully to go in my book. I hope I survive this!

AND, I got darling Christmas package from my friend Bonnie (of CottonWay) with new fabric, a pattern called, Cherry Chocolate Valentine #898, and CHERRY CHOCOLATES!!! It was the cutest sparkle red box with a sweet bow, all red and pink....my two favorite colors! Thanks Bonnie! *Check out Marsha's blog for a darling beaded purse giveaway! Also, there is a Valentine exchange at Dandelionquilts!
HAPPY NEW YEARS! I hope all your new wishes and dreams come true!