Friday, November 14, 2008

A little more about me

I decided to tell you a little about my sewing and designing.

I have sewn since I could hold a needle and thread. I remember being very young and embroidering. My mom would have to thread the needle, put a knot in the end, and when I had sewn to the end of the thread, she would have to knot it off. I have sewn since then.

I started making dolls and little quilt to sell in my friend, Lora Zollinger's cute gift shop. One day, Bonnie Olaveson of Cottonway called me and asked if I had an interest in designing some patterns for her. The rest is history, I have been designing for her for 5 years now and it is an opportunity of a lifetime!

I have designed for Briarwood Cottage, and now I have designs going to Quick Quilts, and Quiltmania, two quilting magazines. PLUS, I have great news! I am publishing a project book with Kansas City Star Publishing Company!!!!!!!

I will post the results when they get published! Coming soon: pictures of my quilts with Cotton Way.